- Mid-term elections: Trump hails ‘big victory’ despite House losses
The president focuses on positives as Republicans lose control of the House but make Senate gains.
- US mid-term election results 2018: Maps, charts and analysis
Interactive maps and charts showing winners and losers in all the Senate, House and governor races.
- Ukraine Handzyuk death: Acid victim’s defiant message
The funeral is being held for Kateryna Handzyuk, who spoke out against corruption before she died.
- Cameroon kidnap: Bamenda students freed
The students were among 81 people kidnapped on Sunday in the restive Anglophone region.
- Peru ‘baby trafficking ring': Ex-police chief held
The former head of Peru’s national police is among those arrested for alleged baby trafficking.
- Greece Church agreement to take 10,000 priests off payroll
A landmark deal brings Greece a step closer to separating the state from the Orthodox Church.
- Chinese staff forced to drink urine and eat roaches
Managers at the Chinese firm have been given jail time for punishing staff with extreme measures.
- Girl Scouts sue Boy Scouts over planned name change
The Boy Scouts programme will be renamed Scouts BSA after they agreed to welcome in all children.
- Madagascar elections: Rivals vie for presidency
The presidential election comes months after the army threatened to take over amid huge street protests.
- Colorado man pleads guilty to wife and daughter’s murders
Chris Watts, 33, makes a plea deal over his wife and daughters’ murders to avoid the death penalty.
- Jack White ‘disappointed’ after gig venue tells gay fans to stop kissing
The White Stripes star is “disappointed” that two female fans were banned from kissing at his show.
- Formula 1: Vietnam capital Hanoi to host country’s first grand prix in 2020
Formula 1 announces Vietnam will host a grand prix for the first time in 2020, with a street race around the capital Hanoi.
- Mid-term election results: Women make history in Congress
The youngest women, the first Muslim women and the first Native American women are elected to Congress.
- Mid-term election results: The story of the night in two minutes
The Democrats have taken control of the US House of Representatives. Here’s how it happened.
- Mid-terms election results: What losing the House means for Trump
The Democrats have won control of the House of Representatives – this is the fallout for the president and his plans.
- US mid-terms: The messaging platform getting people to vote
Democratic campaigns are using text messages to encourage people to vote in the US mid-terms.
- WWE’s Alexa Bliss: Bodybuilding helped me face anorexia
Alexa Bliss says she was ‘saved’ from an eating disorder by bodybuilding.
- Finland’s schools ditch traditional classrooms for open-plan learning
In Finland schools are increasingly ditching traditional classrooms in favour of open-plan learning.
- Delhi air: Choking smog draws protests ahead of Diwali
Concerns about a rise in smog levels around Diwali have lead to protests over the city’s air quality.
- Moscow beavers resist dam destruction
Beavers fight back after Moscow developers destroy their habitat.
- Kazakh pensioner ‘back from the dead’
A Kazakh pensioner comes home two months after his funeral.
- Russian glitch voids 5m traffic tickets
Tech glitch lets millions of Moscow traffic offenders off the hook.
- Mid-terms 2018: How these elections broke records
Tuesday’s vote saw a number of historic firsts, from diverse winners to exceptionally high turnout.
- Mid-terms: World media reaction
The US mid-term elections have left Congress divided – here is how the world’s media saw it.
- Weber v Stubb: Will one of these men lead the EU?
Europe’s centre-right parties decide who they want to run the European Commission, Alexander Stubb or Manfred Weber.
- Prince Charles in Africa: A royal visit to a land of princes and chiefs
Ghanaian journalist Elizabeth Ohene reflects on Prince Charles’ visit to Ghana.
- Is the party over for Ibiza?
Many people in Ibiza’s music industry are worried about the White Isle’s future as authorities try to rein in its famous party scene.
- Sir David Attenborough series Dynasties tackles nature’s ‘lack of space’
Sir David’s new series Dynasties explores the issues faced by species such as penguins and tigers.